Recent news and representative clients
- Turner, Melanie. “Solar industry fails to shine as bright as forecasts” Sacramento Business Journal, 12 October 2012. Web/print.
“We are seeing growth in residential…” said Kate Sherwood, managing director of solar industry consulting firm Execution Strategy in San Francisco. Successful companies have gotten three things right, she said. They’ve been able to get financing through large banks or a third party and reduce both the cost of solar panels and the “balance-of-system,” she said. The latter includes all else that goes into getting a project connected to the grid, from racking systems to sales and marketing costs.
“Companies are going to have to continue to evolve and innovate their business models to continue to stay competitive,” she said. “Because there are enough solar firms throughout the state, someone based in Sacramento can lose out to someone based in Los Angeles or Monterey.”
- Redwood Energy – Latin America Market Entry Strategy for major solar module manufacturer
- Regional energy developer – Go-to-market program design and implementation
- Large industrial agriculture firm – energy, sales, and marketing strategy and tactical coaching support
- Prior clients include Village Farms, Facebook, Macy’s, Applied Materials, Kaiser Permanente, Kendall-Jackson Wines, University of Arizona Tech Park, Clover Stornetta Dairy, Procter & Gamble, nonprofit energy and solar development organizations, and more.